About Our Orthodontic Practice
Everyone wants a beautiful, healthy smile. We can help you achieve your goal. We offer orthodontic care to fit your specific needs using the most advanced techniques available in a caring, comfortable environment. We want your experience with our practice to be rewarding and pleasant. We offer treatment plans for traditional metal braces, clear braces, and more. Call us to schedule your initial consultation: 301-740-3660.
- Correction of mal-aligned (crooked) teeth in children and adults
- Establishing proper occlusion or bite
- Orthopedic or jaw growth correction in growing patients
- Interceptive orthodontics-preventing potentially more serious problems
- Space maintenance needed in the event of early tooth loss
- Orthodontic preparation for orthographic (jaw) surgery for people with an imbalance between the upper and lower jaws
- Movement of teeth in preparation for prosthetics (tooth replacement) or other dental treatment
What to expect on your first visit
During your first visit to the orthodontist, an evaluation is made to determine if braces are needed and an estimated cost will be discussed. When you agree to be treated in our office, we will then schedule a records appointment or it can be done at the same time if time is permitted.
During this visit we will take a complete set of diagnostic records. Diagnostic records typically include a medical/dental history, clinical examination; plaster study models of the teeth, photos of the patient's face and teeth, and X-rays. This information is used to develop a custom treatment plan for each patient. These records are also helpful in tracking the progress of treatment as the teeth move under orthodontic care. Various treatment options will be discussed. This appointment usually takes more than an hour. After this, we will then schedule an appliance insertion appointment.
Your Appliance Insertion and Regular Appointments
When you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) your appointment usually takes about one hour. After that we will then see you at regular intervals 4 to 10 weeks apart for an adjustment, which takes about 15 to 30 minutes.
Please visit our Contact Us page to view our office hours. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately. Cancel only in an emergency. It is difficult to reschedule you since most appointments are made 4 to 8 weeks in advance
Our Office Policies
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the case. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have payment plans to suit different budgets. We also will assist you in filling out necessary insurance paperwork. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount.
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over a period of months.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by VISA, MASTERCARD.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.
We ask that you assign your insurance benefit to yourself. Professional care is provided to you, our patient, and not to an insurance company. Thus, the insurance company is responsible to the patient and the patient is responsible to the doctor.